The philosophy of the State Bank of Canton has not changed since it was founded over 110 years ago. Quality service, community involvement, and overall stability are just as important today as when the bank was incorporated on May 15th, 1895.
The State Bank of Canton served the Canton community at 112 N Main for 79 years. In 1951 the original bank building, which was the first stone building in Canton, was extensively renovated. The stone front was replaced with brick, the wooden floor replaced with concrete and an extension was added to the back of the building.
By 1975 construction for a new bank building was underway. The new building located at 103 S. Main was completed in the fall of 1976 and is still the present location for the State Bank of Canton. The new bank building was a direct indicator of the sound growth of our local home town bank and the Canton community as well.
The senior management and the Board of Directors are from this area, which puts us in touch with the needs of our local community. Decisions are made right here, not by long distance telephone. We take pride in saying we are Canton's full service hometown bank.